yaprak (Grape Leaves)
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : 1 kilo
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 60 m
- Cook Time : 60 m
- Ready In : 2:0 h
- • 1/2 a kg of long rice.
- • 1 kg of grape leaves.
- • 1/2 a kg of minced meat as desired (fine-coarse).
- • Salt
- white condiment.
- • 1/2 a cup of lemon juice.
- • 2 peeled heads of garlic.
- • 3 spoons of ghee.
- • 1kg of sheep's bones or 1kg of lab's steak.
- • 1 spoon of dried mint
- • 1 spoon of safflower.
- • 1 chopped into slices lemon.
• Boil grape leaves in the boiled water well for 4-6 minutes, then filter them and remove the stick from them.
• Wash and filter rice well, then add salt, condiments, mint, safflower and minced meat and then stir well for 30 minutes.
• Spread the grape leaves on a flat surface, and consider that the coarse part of them heading toward the top.
• Put about a tablespoon of the stuff for every leaf, then fold the sides to the inside and then wrap them like fingers shape.
• Put lemon slices in the bottom of the cooking pot then distribute steak on them.
• Row the grape leaves fingers on the steaks but consider distributing garlic between them, then immerse them with water with adding 2 spoons of ghee, and then leave the pot until being boiled.
• Reduce the heat and leave the pot on a back burner for 2 hours or until being cooked.
• Pour and serve the meal hot with soup.