- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 60 m
- Cook Time : 60 m
- Ready In : 2:0 h
- • 1/2 a kg of grape leaves.
- • 1 &1/2 a coffee cup of rice.
- • 3 medium sized red onions.
- • 2 bunches of parsley.
- • 1 bunch of mint.
- • 1 kg of fresh tomatoes.
- • 1 coffee cup of olive oil.
- • 2 sour lemons.
- • Salt & pepper.
• Put the grape leaves in boiled water for few seconds to wilt them then move them to a strainer. Mince the onions finely and do so for parsley and mint also after washing them well.
• Mix the minced components with washed rice and a part of tomatoes after peeling and mincing them finely.
• Add to this stuff the oil, salt, sweet and hot condiment.
• Fill the grape leaves and half it into circular layers in the cooking pot after putting the remaining amount of tomatoes in the bottom of the pot.
• Add more salt and tomato juice and a little of hot water. Cover the face of the filling with a turned dish and then cook it on a strong moderate fire.
• After an hour approximately raise the dish and then add sour lemon juice. Keep cooking on a simmer until the filling becomes well cooked.