- Skill Level: easy
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1 KG of small turnips.
- • 7 cups of water.
- • 10 tablespoons of salt.
- • 1/2 a cup of white vinegar.
- • 1 medium sized beet cut into circles or cubes.
• Cut turnips into slices or quarters and wash them well and sprinkle them with 4 salt tablespoons.
• Leave turnips in a strainer for few hours to get rid of water.
• Wash the turnips from salt and compact it in a jar then add beet to them.
• Melt the salt in water and a little of vinegar then pour it on turnips until they get covered completely.
• Leave them for a week before using, and after using keep them in the fridge.
• Because of turnip's white color and its ability to absorb colors, it takes an attractive color when you add beet. As the obtained color comes from the beet, so the size of beet will affect the strength of the color.