Stew | Onion Stew
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1kg of lamb meat or beef minced with bones.
- • 1 cup of dried chick peas.
- • 1kg of small and peeled onion.
- • 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- • 1 teaspoon of pepper paste.
- • 1 teaspoon of salt or more as needed.
• Soak chick peas with lukewarm water for all the night with a teaspoon of soda bicarbonate. After that, peel them by putting them in a nylon bag and rubbing it with rolling pin.
• Put chick peas in a plate then add water, it will be assumed that peel will float on the water surface.
• Gather these peels, then throw them and clean chick peas
• Heat oil in a pot and fry meat in it until its color changes.
• Add onion on it, then continue frying until onion become peeled off completely also.
• Raise onion using a spoon with cracks and set them aside. Add chickpeas, spices, tomatoes and pepper paste to the pot with an enough amount of water to immerse the components.
• Cover the pot and cook stew on a moderate heat until meat becomes approximately cooked.
• Add fried onion to it then continue cooking until meat becomes approximately cooked.
• Add fried onion to it then continue cooking until onion become cooked, then add more of hot water when needed.
• You can use the pressure cooker to speed the cooking of meat process. • Serve onion stew beside grit with vermicelli.