Sheikh mahshi (eggplant)
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : medium dish
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1kg of yoghurt.
- • 3 cups of water.
- • 2 kg of medium sized eggplants.
- • 5 garlic cloves.
- • ½ a kg of minced meat.
- • Mint (to taste).
- • Salt
- • Condiments.
• Peel eggplants and cut them circularly and put a little of salt on them then fry them in oil.
• Put them on blotter until they becomes filtered from oil.
• Melt a little of ghee in a pan, put minced meat on it and a little of salt and condiments and flip well.
• Start preparing yoghurt: • Put yoghurt in a pot and add water and an egg or a spoon of starch so yoghurt remains its solidity while boiling, stir it well before putting it on heat and sprinkle a little of salt so the meal won’t be so salty.
• Put it on a medium heat and start stirring until yoghurt boils, and don’t stop stirring so the yoghurt remains solid.
• And so, until the yoghurt starts boiling, then add meat and eggplants and then leave them on a backburner.
• Mine garlic and put it on yoghurt with dried mint.
• Leave them on heat after adding the ingredients on yoghurt for 5-7 minutes.
• Serve this meal beside rice with vermicelli.