Roasted lamb thigh with vegetables
- Skill Level: difficult
- Yield : lamb’s thigh
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 3kg of fresh lamb’s thigh with bones.
- • ½ a cup of ghee and vegetable oil (mixed).
- • 7 peeled garlic cloves.
- • 1kg of small sized, peeled and boiled potato.
- • 1kg of peeled, chopped and boiled carrot.
- • 1kg of chopped from sides and boiled kidney beans.
- • 1 big and peeled onion.
- • 3 sticks of celery or parsley.
- • ½ a tablespoon of grinded condiment.
- • ½ a tablespoon of grinded black pepper.
- • ½ a tablespoon of grinded white pepper.
- • A cinnamon stick.
- • 2 laurel leaves.
- • 1 tablespoon of salt (to taste).
• Remove the thin skin or the external layer from the meat, then rub thigh with salt and sweet condiment and put them in the fridge for a whole night.
• Roast thigh using ghee and oil with the onion, garlic, celery, few pieces of carrot, a sprinkle of black pepper and a sprinkle of white pepper.
• Heat the oven to hot degree (250 degrees Celsius).
• Put the thigh with the mix and the 2 laurel leaves and cinnamon stick in a special tray in the oven.
• Add a cup of water to them and cover the tray with an aluminum foil.
• Put tray in oven and reduce its heat (200 degrees Celsius). Leave it until the thigh becomes mature (about 4 hours).
• Raise the thigh from the soup and set it aside until it cools and becomes easy to cut.
• Cut it into slices longitudinally on both sides.
• Flip thigh on its back then remove fat, cut meat into slices widely on both sides.
• Row the thigh soup and add a tablespoon of starch to it. Boil it on a medium heat until it condenses. • Serve the thigh decorated with boiled vegetables , then pour the hot soup on the thigh.