Pickles | Lemon Pickles
- Skill Level: easy
- Yield : Jar
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1/2 a KG of medium sized lemons.
- • 2 tablespoons of nigella sativa.
- • 1 tablespoon of safflower powder.
- • 1/4 a cup of coarse salt.
- • 1 1/2 a cup of lemon juice (the zest is set aside)
- • 2 chili.
- • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
• Crack lemon with a sharp knife
• Melt the salt in lemon juice.
• Mix the safflower and nigella sativa.
• Stuff lemon with a little of safflower and nigella sativa mix.
• Compact lemon in a glassy sterile jar then add lemon juice with salt to them.
• Be sure that all the lemons are covered with the lemon juice.
• After few hours notice that lemon in the jar have been decreased and you can then add the zest and oil to make a layer that prevents air to leak into lemons.
• Leave lemons to pass the pickling process which usually takes 3 weeks to 1 month.
• If you want to pickle in a shorter time, you can cut lemons into 4 parts or you can heat half the amount of lemon juice and add it hot or boil the lemons a little before pickling them, so they can be ready to be used in 5 days.
• It is preferred that you pick lemon with small size and thin zest, and the longer the time of pickling, the better the results and the tastier the flavor.
• You can cut lemon into quarters and then sprinkle a big amount of salt, leave it for a day then clean lemon with water, after that do the same as the previous for pickling. Lemon will be ready in 2 weeks approximately.