Omelet | Chard Omelet
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1kg of washed and minced chard (Use the leaves and leave the ribs to use it again).
- • 8-10 eggs.
- • 1/2 or 3/4 a cup of flour.
- • A medium size minced onion.
- • 2 tablespoons of dried mint.
- • 1 teaspoon of sweet pepper.
- • 1 teaspoon of salt.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of sweet condiment.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of black pepper.
- • 2 or 3 hammered garlic gloves.
- • 1/2 a bunch of minced parsley.
- • 1/2 a bunch of minced mint.
- • Oil to fry the omelet.
• Put the chard leaves in a pot without water and leave them on heat until they become mushy.
• Wash the chard leaves under cool water and then filter them in a strainer and squeeze them to get rid of excess water then leave it for a while.
• Mix eggs with flour, onion, garlic, dry mint, spices, salt, parsley, green mint and chard in a deep plate.
• Heat the oil in a pan until it becomes very hot, and you can know that by frying a piece of bread, if this piece becomes golden in few seconds then the oil is ready for frying.
• Pour an amount of 1 or 2 tablespoons from the egg mix in the oil. Flip the omelet and fry it on the other side also.
• Put the omelet on the kitchen tissues to get rid of excess oil, then row it in the serving plate and serve it with vegetables salad.