- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 5 cups of semolina.
- • 2 1/2 a cup of sugar.
- • 1 cup of butter or melted ghee.
- • 1 cup of milk.
- • 1 tablespoon of blossom water.
- • 1/2 a cup of peeled almond.
- • 1 cup of yoghurt.
- • 1 cup of cold water.
- • Tahini to wipe the tray.
- • 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
• Mix semolina with sugar in a plate.
• Melt butter or ghee and pour it on semolina and then rub semolina with your hands to absorb butter or ghee and then set it aside for 1 hour.
• Rub the semolina again for few minutes, then add yoghurt, milk, baking powder and blossom water to it and knead, then add a cup of cold water to it and mix well.
• Paint a tray of a 35-40 cm diameter approximately with tahini and put the dough in it, and then polish it with your hands equally.
• Boil the almond and peel it, then spread it on the dough's surface in a co-ordinated way.
• Set the tray aside to calm for 1 or 2 hours.
• Put the tray in a 400 degrees Fahrenheit oven until the surface browns for 30 minutes approximately or more than 45 minutes, then get the tray out from the oven and leave it to cool.
• Pour hot syrup on it. and • Cut it and serve it cold in the serving plate.