Musakka | Potato with Meat Musakka
- Skill Level: easy
- Yield : medium dish
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30 m
- Cook Time : 50 m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
- • 1kg of lamb meat (chopped into cubes).
- • 1cup of olive oil.
- • 2 medium sized onions (chopped into cubes).
- • 3 teaspoons of pounded garlic.
- • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- • Salt
- black pepper.
- • 1 teaspoon of 7 spices.
- • 1/2 a kg of potato (chopped into medium cubes).
- • 3 tablespoons of tomato paste (sauce).
- • 1 liter of water.
- • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- • 1 bunch of fresh green coriander for decoration.
• Add salt and pepper to meat cubes that are roasted in half a cup of hot vegetable oil, and then add onion, garlic, cinnamon and all the spices with well stirring.
• Fry potatoes in the remaining oil, then filter and set them aside, then add tomato molasses and lemon juice to the meat, then boil all these ingredients together.
• Add potato and then reduce the heat to a medium heat or backburner.
• Leave the ingredients on a backburner for 20-25 minutes until the meat and potato become lean.
• Add salt and pepper, then decorate the plate with coriander before serving it beside spiced rice with vermicelli.