musakka | Celery musakka
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 750g of mutton meat.
- • 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- • 1 grated or crashed big sized onion.
- • 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- • 1 teaspoon of grinded cinnamon or a cinnamon stick.
- • Salt
- • 2 eggs.
- • Minced parsley.
- • 1 yellow lemon juice.
- • 8 sticks of celery.
- • About 1 cup of soaked chick peas.
• In a pot and on medium heat, put meat pieces with ghee and crashed onion, black pepper, cinnamon and salt, then stir well on the heat, and then add about a cup of water and the soaked chick peas and then cover the pot for 15 minutes.
• Add about 1 liter of water also, and cover the pot again and leave it on a medium heat.
• Clean celery sticks and chop them into medium and equal pieces and then add them to water again, then put them in a pot that contains a boiling salted water on a strong heat for 10 minutes. After that, filter them and add them to the soup pot and cover it and then let all to be cooked.
• When meat and celery pieces become well cooked, take a medium sized plate and put about a cup of soup in it, and leave it to cool, then break the egg pieces with the amount of parsley and the lemon juice and then stir the mix well until it becomes a sauce.
• Put the sauce in the soup pot, and then stir well, and then leave it until being cooked.