Molokhia with Chicken
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1 fat chicken.
- • 1 kg of sheep's shanks with bones.
- • 3kg of green molokhia.
- • 6 garlic cloves.
- • 1 medium sized red onion.
- • 4 medium sized white onions.
- • 2 teaspoons of dry coriander.
- • 1/4 a liter of vinegar.
- • Salt
- • Crumbled and toasted bread.
• Cut the leaves of molokhia and wash them well and then put them in a strainer.
• After they dry, mince them finely with a sharp knife.
• Clean the chicken and boil it with meat in water that is enough to immerse both of meat and chicken
• After removing the grease, add salt, pepper and cinnamon and keep boiling meat until it becomes mature.
• Move meat into another pot with a little of soup, then use it later to heat the meat.
• Mince onion and pound the coriander, then mix the 3 ingredients and fry them with ghee for few minutes, then add them to the water that was used to boil chicken and meat.
• Put molokhia on the soup and keep cooking for time that will be enough to cook molokhia.
• Mince onion and soak it in vinegar, then toast Arabic bread in a hot oven, and then divide into small pieces. Put them in small plate. Spice rice.
• When serving, pour molokhia in a plate and serve chicken and meat pieces that are free of bones in another plate, or spread them on the surface of rice.
• Serve onion and vinegar in a small hollow plate and then leave the toasted bread in another pot.
- molokhia (66)
- molokhia recipe lebanese style (12)
- free recipe for molokhia with chicken (1)
- molokhia cooking time (1)