- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 2 cups of semolina.
- • 3/4 a cup of sugar.
- • 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- • 1 cup of yoghurt.
- • 1/4 a mold of melted butter.
- • 1 tablespoon of coconut, grated.
- • Peeled almond.
- The syrup: • 2 cups of sugar
- • 1 cup of water.
- • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
• Prepare the syrup by boiling sugar with water and then adding lemon juice and then set it aside.
• Mix dry hareeseh ingredients all together.
• Add the melted butter and mix all well.
• Add yoghurt and scrub the mix to get a dough.
• Leave the mix until it becomes fermented for 30 minutes.
• Paint a tray with oil and flour and pour the mix in it.
• Bake the hareeseh in the oven until its color becomes blonde.
• Get hareeseh out from the oven and cut it into squares, then put an almond piece in the middle of each square, then get the tray back to the oven again for 5 minutes until the almond color becomes blonde and hareeseh becomes roasted.
• Get hareeseh from the oven and pour syrup on it while it is hot, and then serve it after putting it in the serving plate.