mahshi salak (chard)
- Skill Level: medium
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1kg of chard leaves.
- • 1/2 a cup of crushed red lentils.
- • 1 big sized white onion.
- • 2 pieces of tomato.
- • 3/4 a cup of rice.
- • 1 cup of olive oil.
- • 1 sour lemon juice.
- • A bunch of parsley and a bunch of mint.
- • 2-3 pieces of red pepper, half-spicy
- • Sweet condiment and cinnamon.
- • Salt to taste.
• Wash chard leaves and put them in a plate, then pour hot water on them until; they wilt.
• Filter rice and crushed lentils and wash them well, then put them in a plate.
• Mince the onion finely, then mince parsley and mint, and then rub all of them with salt and a little of sweet condiment and cinnamon, and after that, add rice to them.
• Mince a piece of tomato finely, and then add it to the mix of onion and rice, then add oil and then scrub the mix well with your hands.
• Cut the other head of tomato into thin slices, and then row them in the bottom of the pot. • Fill the half –hot red pepper pieces with the stuff, then fill the chard leaves with the rest of the stuff.
• Row stuffed red pepper pieces and stuffed chard leaves on the tomato slices, and then sprinkle a teaspoon of salt on them.
• Add an amount of hot water that will be enough to immerse the components of the pot, and then put a turned plate on the components.
• Leave the pot on strong heat for few minutes, then reduce the heat and raise the plate from the pot components.
• Add sour lemon juice and then leave the pot on heat until its contents become will cooked.
• Raise the pot from heat, and leave them a little to be cooled, then pour its content in the serving plate, and decorate using sour lemon slices, and then serve the meal cold.