mahshi bathenjan with grit (Eggplants)
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : medium dish
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30 m
- Cook Time : 60 m
- Ready In : 1:40 h
- 2 kg Black eggplants.
- • 1 cup of coarse grit.
- • 1 bunch of parsley.
- • 5 pieces of medium sized tomato.
- • Finely minced red pepper.
- • Finely minced green pepper.
- • 1 cup of ell soaked and boiled chick peas.
- • 2 medium sized onions.
- • Salt
- • Condiment.
- • Fine meat.
- • Pomegranate molasses.
• Dig eggplants, then toast grit on a backburner for few minutes, then put all the ingredients on it (the minced tomatoes, red pepper and green pepper) and it is preferred to mince all of these ingredients finely.
• Put the boiled chick peas and mix all the previous ingredients with all together in addition to salt and lemon juice to taste.
• Then, fill the eggplants well.
• Compact the eggplants in a pot , and put them in the bottom of the pot with the bones.
• The soup contains water, tomato paste, garlic, mint, lemon juice and pomegranate molasses, and you can add lemon to taste
• Put in a backburner and after being cooked, filter them from the soup, and leave them until they cool. • Then, compact them in a plate and serve.