Kubba | Vegetarian Kubba
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 4 cups of fine grit.
- • hot water to soak grit.
- • A cup of semolina.
- • A medium sized and grated onion.
- • 1 tablespoon of salt.
- • 1 tablespoon of pepper paste.
- • Oil to fry kubba loaves.
- • Lemon slices for decoration.
- Ingredients of the stuff: • 2 medium sized onions, finely minced and rubbed with a tablespoon of salt.
- • 1 1/2 a cup of tahini, A cup of minced walnut.
- • 1 – 1 1/2 a cup of boiled chick peas and coarsely mashed with a fork.
- • 1 teaspoon of sweet condiment, 1/4 a teaspoon of black pepper.
- • 1 teaspoon of red pepper, 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon.
• Wash and filter grit, then add 2 cups of hot water to it , and then set it aside.
• Add semolina, onion, salt and pepper paste, then scrub the mix well until it turns to a sticky dough of kubba.
• If the dough is so solid, you can add more cold water, but if the dough is so loose, then add more of grit and semolina.
• Set Kubba dough aside for 15 minutes covered with a wet towel.
To prepare the stuff: • Scrub onion with salt using hands until the squeezer comes out.
• Wash onion , filter it, and then add mashed with fork chick peas, spices, tahini, red pepper and walnut to it to get a stuff that is similar to meat stuff.
• Make Kubba dough into small loaves and fill them with this stuff.
To prepare the sauce: • Mix crashed garlic well with vegetable oil, cumin and pepper paste.
• Set the sauce aside until the time of using it.
• Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan, and fry two loaves of Kubba every time until their color become golden.
• Raise Kubba loaves from oil and immerse them immediately with the prepared sauce, then filter them on kitchen tissues to get rid of excess oil.
• Row Kubba in the serving plate and decorate them with lemon slices and serve them hot or cold.