kubba | potato kubba
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1 kg of potato.
- • 4 cups of fine grit.
- • A medium sized onion, chopped into quarters.
- • A cup of flour.
- • 1 tablespoon of pepper paste.
- • Salt and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- • 1 tablespoon of dried basil.
- The stuff: • 1/2 a kg of moderately minced meat, a head of coarsely minced walnut . • 5 minced onions, 2 tablespoons of sumac.
• Wash the pieces of potato and boil them, then peel and mash them in a special grinder or by using the potato mashing spoon.
• Wash grit and soak it in water for 20 minutes, then squeeze and mix it with potato, and then add onion, salt, dried basil, a little of cinnamon, a sprinkle of condiment and a sprinkle of cumin and then scrub all together in the electrical food mixer to get a sticky dough.
To prepare the stuff: • Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or 1/4 a cup of oil in a pan, then fry onions until they become pallid. Add meat with an amount of 1/2 a teaspoon of each of salt, condiment, walnut, cinnamon and sumac, then shake the mix well on heat, then set it aside until it becomes cool.
• Make kubba into flat loaves and small pieces with a size of walnut pieces, and then fill every tablet with a tablespoon of the stuff.
• Close them well and convert them into oval shape.
• Heat oil in a deep pan and then fry kubba tablets in it. • Serve kubba tablets hot or cold beside green salad
- potato kubba (1)