Kubba | Kubba with Tomato Soup
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • Ingredients of kubba dough : 1kg of grit. • • 1 kg of lean meal. • • 2 small and chopped into quarters onions.
- • Ingredients of The stuff kubba: • 1/2 a kg of finely minced meat. • • 1/2 a kg of coarsely minced meat. • • Pistachio (A big quantity to taste). • • Salt • • Various condiments. • • Cinnamon to taste. • • Ghee (and it is preferred to use a mix of normal ghee and country's ghee.
- Ingredients of tomato soup: • 1kg of lamb meat shanks with bones.
- • 3-4 kg of red tomatoes.
- • 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- • 2 tablespoons of pepper paste.
- 750 ml of water to boil Kubba balls
Preparation of the dough: • Soak grit with cold water for 15 minutes, then filter it using a strainer, and then compact it with your hands to get rid of excess water , then set it aside. • Mince the chopped onion and grit using the meat mincing machine in batches and repeat mincing 3 times, then raise the mix and set it aside. • Mix meat (lean) with condiments and grit , and then knead kubba with your hands with repeating wetting them with cold water to make the dough mellow and solid.
Preparation of the stuff: • Fry coarse meat and spice it with condiments and then let it until it cools. • Mix row and fried meat and pistachio until you get a homogeneous dough ( Using 2 types of meat is to maintain that the dough will be solid while cutting kubba).
after dough and the stuff of kubba make kubba balls from dough and fill it in the stuff
set kubba balls in water with sprinkle of salt and heat even to boil drain kubba balls and put it in dish
preparation of tomato soup : • Peel the heads of tomatoes and clean them from seeds then mince them. • Put minced tomatoes in a pot on heat and cook them until they condense a little.
• Mash the cooked tomatoes in the manual or electrical grinder. Add tomato paste and pepper paste to it.
• Boil meat until it becomes well cooked, then get rid of its bones.
• Use meat soup to reduce the concentration of tomato paste and making it like a medium-thick soup.
• Bring back the pot tto the heat and cook it on a medium heat for 30 minutes or more as needed to condense the soup a little.
• Put Kubba balls that are previously prepared in the boiling water and heat them for few minutes, then raise them using a spoon with cracks and row them in the serving plate, and then pour the tomato soup on them.
- tomato paste (10)