kubba | kubba Lentils
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 2 cups of red crushed lentils.
- • 4 1/2 a cup of water.
- • 1 teaspoon of salt.
- • 1 1/2 a cup of fine grit.
- • 1 tablespoon of red pepper paste.
- • 1 teaspoon of red pepper.
- • 2 medium sized and finely minced onions.
- • 3/4 a cup of vegetable oil or ghee or olive oil.
- • 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- Salad Ingredients: • 2 pieces of tomato , medium sized, chopped into small cubes.
- • 1/2 a bunch of minced parsley.
- • 1 white onion, medium sized, minced, or 3 heads of minced scallions.
- • 1/4 a bunch of mint (optional), a sprinkle of salt.
• Wash lentils and put it in a pot containing water and salt.
• Boil lentils until it becomes cooked ( You can use pressure cooker to reduce the duration of cooking to 15 minutes only).
• Add grit, cumin, pepper paste and red pepper to lentils.
• Leave grit until it absorbs lentils water that remains in the pot.
• Heat the oil, and fry onion in it until it becomes blonde and well cooked. Add fried onion to the mix of lentils and grit.
• Scrub kebbeh with wet hands and make them into small loaves.
• Row kebeeh loaves in the serving plate, and decorate them with salad. • Serve this meal lukewarm or cold with pickles.
- kubba halab recipe (21)