Kubba | Grilled Kubba
- Skill Level: difficult
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- Dough Ingredients: • 1/2 a kg of fine, picked and washed grit.
- • 1/2 a kg of lean meat, crashed for kebbeh (Ready from the butcher and fine like an ointment.
- • 1 big onion, peeled, chopped into quarters.
- • 1 tablespoon of salt.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of grinded cinnamon.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of various condiments.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of nutmeg.
- The stuff Ingredients: 1/2 a kg of minced meat.
- • Minced and toasted walnut.
- • 1/4 a kg of sheep's fat, minced finely (or less than this to reduce fat).
- • Salt.
- • Various condiments.
- • 1 tablespoon of fine red pepper.
- • Dried mint.
Preparation of the dough: • Soak grit with water for 15 minutes then filter it using a strainer, then compact it with your hands to get rid of excess water, then set it aside.
• Mince the chopped onion and girt in the meat mincing machine in batches. Repeat mincing grit 3 times, then raise the mix and set it aside.
• Spice meat with condiments then mix it with grit, and then knead kubba with your hands with repeating wetting them in cold water to make the dough soft and solid.
To prepare the stuff: • Fry minced meat with a little of ghee or oil (you can use a tefal pan and fry it without any fatty materials), then flip the mix on heat until it becomes cooked, then spice it with condiment and salt. Spice the fat with red pepper and mint, then add walnut and meat, and then flip the mix until the stuff becomes homogeneous.
Preparation of Kubba: • Divide the meat dough into medium sized balls.
• Take a flat plate and turn it on its back and then put nylon papers no it, then take a ball of kubba and put it on the nylon paper, and then put another nylon paper on it, then laminate kubba until you get a thin loaf.
• Laminate another loaf in the same way and distribute the stuff on it with the spoon, then put the first loaf on the second one carefully and stick them together with your wetted with cold water hands, then move the loaf to the palm of hand which is wetted with water and turn it gently and carefully until its shape becomes clear and ready and has a shape of a dome.
• Prepare the remaining loaves in the same way.
• As for grilling, you have two ways: • The first way: Grill kubba loaves on coal by putting a net on the coal and compact kubba loaves on it with flipping on both sides until their color becomes brown and become mature. This is the original way. • The second way: Grill it in the oven with flipping also until it becomes mature.
• Serve grilled kebbeh hot with pomegranate juice, but if not existed, then serve beside salad or fattoush or yoghurt.
- كبه حلبيه (1)