- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 60 m
- Cook Time : 20 m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
- • 1kg of free of bone fish.
- • 1/2 a kg of fine grit.
- • 3 medium sized onions.
- • 2 bunches of green coriander.
- • Salt, white condiment.
- • Oil.
- • A zest or an orange peel.
- • Saffron.
• Crash fish using a mortar and pestle continuously in a way that makes fish so fine.
• Raise fish from the mortar and put onion with salt and pepper.
• After crashing onion and making it fine, add coriander and minced peel of an orange.and Continue crashing again.
• Get fish back to the mortar and crash it again with the mentioned ingredients.
• Soak grit, squeeze it and rub it with a little of salt , and then leave it for 30 minutes before adding it to fish.
• Scrub the grit with fish using hands first then by crashing it.
• Prepare a tray and spread its bottom with oil.
• Add to the oil in the tray minced onion and scrub with salt, pepper and saffron. Spread kubba one layer in the tray and then cut it using knife as same as in baklava which means as same as the natural Kubba.
• Put an additional oil on surface , and then bake kubba in a hot oven until they become cooked and the color becomes almost red.