Kubba | Chick Peas Kubba
- Skill Level: difficult
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 2 cups of soaked in water for 24 hours chick peas.
- • 6 cups of cold water.
- • 2 small potatoes, boiled and not peeled.
- • 1 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.
- • Grinded white pepper.
- • 1 tablespoon of red pepper paste.
- • 1 tablespoon of dried mint.
- The stuff: • Big onions, chopped into two halves and chopped into 3 wings.
- • 2 tablespoons of water.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of sweet condiment.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin or 2 teaspoons of dried mint.
- • 1/4 a cup of pine.
- • 14 a cup of raisin.
- • 3/4 a cup of tahini.
- • A sprinkle of salt.
- • Grinded black pepper.
• Put some of soaked in water chick peas between hands palm and rub them well between fingers. Get them back to the plate and take some other chick peas. It is supposed that the peel must float automatically on the water surface.
• Soak chick peas in water in the cold water for 24 hours.
• Peel them and mash them twice in the machine using a smooth blade until they become a paste.
• Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them finely using a fork. Then, mix them with mashed chick peas, pepper paste and dried mint.
• Sprinkle salt and white pepper and mix them well then set the plate aside.
To prepare the stuff: • Put onion wings in a pot of water, then cover it and boil them on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
• Raise the cover and leave the pot until the humidity steams.
• Pour the ingredients of the pot in a plate then leave it until it cools.
• Add sweet condiment, cumin, pine and raisin to onion and mix well, then mix with flour, salt and pepper.
• Take 8 kitchen towels, squared, the length of each one is from 15-20 cm almost and immerse them in boiled water, then leave them until they cool and become squeezed well.
• Open the towel on the table and put some of chick peas paste in the middle of it.
• Spread the paste equally on the towel and flat it with …….. , then stretch out the stuff over its middle and spread the stuff a little.
• Fold the corners of the towel toward the middle in a way that the paste can cover the stuff in an arranged way.
• Tie the corners of the towel together and then repeat this tip with the remaining 7 towels.
• Fill half a pot with water and put it on heat until it boils , then add a tablespoon of salt.
• Put the filled towels in boiled water and leave them on heat until the water boils again.
• Cover the pot and then continue boiling for 12-15 minutes until the filled towels float on the water surface and become solid.
• Row bundles in a tray and then get rid of excess water in the tray. Turn over the bundles on the serving plate and leave them until they cool. Release the bundle and pour a little of olive oil on each bundle , and sprinkle cinnamon or red pepper .
• Cut every big Kubba tablet into halves then into thick slices, and add olive oil and sour lemon juice to taste.