Knafeh with Cream
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 30 m
- Cook Time : 15 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1kg of knafeh dough (filaments).
- • 1 1/2 a kg of cream (about 5 cups).
- • 1 3/4 a cup of ghee or butter.
- The syrup's Ingredients:• 6 cups of sugar.
- • 1 spoon of lemon juice.
- • 1/4 a cup of blossom water.
• Prepare the syrup and set it aside.
• Use 2 trays, the first has an edge of 2cm and 40 cm diameter and the second has a 60cm diameter or a little larger.
• Paint the bottom of the larger tray with ghee using the size of the small tray only.
• Heat the ghee or butter on heat until it melts.
• Roast the knafeh in a big plate on a backburner.
• Sprinkle ghee on the knafeh and separate the dough filaments with your fingers until they absorb the ghee and light stir them on heat.
• Raise the knafeh from heat and spread it in a painted with ghee tray with a thickness of 2 cm only to cover the painted area only, and leave the rest to the end (the second layer).
• Put it on a medium heat and circle on it circularly until the knafeh filaments become roasted for 15 minutes.
• Raise knafeh from heat and leave it to cool a little, then cover it with an equal layer of cream, then sprinkle a layer of the remaining knafeh dough on it.
• Cover the big tray with the small tray and flip gently.
• Pour syrup on it and then cut it as desired and serve it hot.
• Note: This amount is enough for 16 persons and you can make 1/2 of the previous ingredients or 1/4 of it.
• You can also use the sweet cheese instead of cream as a stuff, and when used, put it on heat after flipping it for 5 minutes.
• You can roast the knafeh in the oven instead of heat with a degree of 250-300 for 15 minutes or until being roasted.