Knafeh | Nabulsi Knafeh
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15 m
- Cook Time : 15 m
- Ready In : 30 m
- • 2 cups of akkawi cheese
- • 1/2 a cup of hot ghee
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of red color (authorized artificial colors)
- • 1/2 a kg of fresh knafeh
- • 1 1/2 a cup of syrup.
- • Grinded pistachio for decoration.
• Grate akkawi cheese, and put it in a lukewarm water for 30 minutes to get rid of excess salt, then filter cheese well with pressure to get rid of excess water.
• Divide hot ghee into 3 equal parts.
• Mix the red color with the first part of ghee, and flip well until it becomes well melted.
• Put knafeh in a deep plate, and separate knafeh locks.
• Sprinkle the mix of red ghee on knafeh, and scrub well until it becomes homogeneous.
• Put the second part of ghee in a circular tray on a backburner, then spread knafeh so the bottom of the tray is covered with pressing on it until it becomes solid (1cm thickness).
• Add the remaining amount of ghee on the surface of knafeh and its sides.
• Leave knafeh tray on a medium heat (consider stirring the tray on heat) for 10 minutes until it becomes solid and roasted.
• Spread cheese on knafeh equally so it covers knafeh (with considering avoiding cheese from the tray sides to avoid burning).
• Cover the tray with a smaller tray a little until the cheese liquefies.
• Turn the tray so the tray is used as a cover which includes cheese covered with knafeh.
• Irrigate it with a little of lukewarm syrup, and decorate it with grinded pistachio.
• Cut it and serve it warm, and add a little of syrup as desired.