knafeh | knafeh mabromeh
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1kg of knafeh.
- • 1 3/4 a cup of margarine.
- • 1/2 a kg of pistachio with a little of syrup.
- • 3/4 a cup of sugar.
- The syrup: • 6 cups of sugar.
- • 1 spoon of lemon juice.
- • 2 cups of water.
- • A little of salt.
- • 1/4 a cup of blossom water.
• Prepare syrup(sugar sauce).
• Take a part of knafeh and spread it longitudinally on a surface.
• Heat ghee and pour a part of it on knafeh.
• Pick pistachio and you can leave it as it is or cut it into pieces.
• Add an amount of castor sugar to it and mix well.
• Take a lock of knafeh and wrap it by putting your left hand on the left side and wrap it with your right hand in the other side with considering not to move the left hand at all until wrapping all the lock around the pistachio, then put the lock in a ghee painted tray.
• Repeat this action with the rest of locks and put them in the tray, then shape knafeh like circles that start from the circumference and ends in the center of the tray.
• Heat the remaining ghee and pour it on knafeh tray.
• Put the tray in the oven and leave it until its color browns after (35-40) minutes approximately.
• Get it out from the oven and get rid of excess ghee.
• Immerse the tray with an amount of prepared syrup after getting it out immediately.
• Note: The syrup must leak inside knafeh. • Cut knafeh into suitable parts and serve it totally cold. • You can fill it with cream instead of pistachio.