Knafeh | Knafeh bulbul nest
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : medium dish
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- The syrup: • 2 1/4 a cup of sugar.
- • 1 cup of water.
- • 1 1/2 a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- The stuff: • 2 cups of non chopped pistachio.
- The dough: • 1/2 a packet of knafeh filaments.
- • 1/2 a packet of melted ghee.
• The syrup: • Put sugar, water, and lemon juice in a thick base pot, and then leave it to be cooked on a backburner for 10 minutes, then leave it to cool totally (you can add vanilla or lemon peels). • Heat the oven to a 180 degrees Celsius, then put the oven rack in the middle and prepare a painted with oil tray.
• The stuff: • Put pistachio in a deep plate, and spread about a cup of syrup on it, then flip to cover the pistachio pieces well with syrup.
• Spread pistachio mix in the painted with oil tray, then put it in the oven for few minutes until it becomes dried and the pistachio pieces stick with each other, then leave it to cool.
• Prepare a wide edge tray.
• Put the nest in the tray and complete shaping the rest of knafeh into small nests and then put them in the tray so they become sticky with each other.
• Put some stuff inside every nest.
• Pour an amount of melted ghee to cover the nests, and then insert the tray directly in the oven for 20-25 minutes to roast the nests and their color becomes dark golden.