- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- Ingredients of kubba dough : 1kg of grit. • • 1 kg of lean meal. • • 2 small and chopped into quarters onions.
- • Ingredients of The stuff kubba: • 1/2 a kg of finely minced meat. • • 1/2 a kg of coarsely minced meat. • • Pistachio (A big quantity to taste). • • Salt • • Various condiments. • • Cinnamon to taste. • • Ghee (and it is preferred to use a mix of normal ghee and country's ghee.
- • 750 ml of water to boil Kubba balls
- For soup: • 1kg of cabbage leaves.
- • 1 cup of kishk.
- • 1/2 a cup of chick peas , soaked and peeled.
- • 400g of shanks with bones.
- • 3 garlic cloves.
- • 1/2 a cup of sour lemon juice.
- • Salt
- • 1 bunch of green coriander.
Preparation of the dough: • Soak grit with cold water for 15 minutes, then filter it using a strainer, and then compact it with your hands to get rid of excess water , then set it aside. • Mince the chopped onion and grit using the meat mincing machine in batches and repeat mincing 3 times, then raise the mix and set it aside. • Mix meat (lean) with condiments and grit , and then knead kubba with your hands with repeating wetting them with cold water to make the dough mellow and solid.
Preparation of the stuff: • Fry coarse meat and spice it with condiments and then let it until it cools. • Mix row and fried meat and pistachio until you get a homogeneous dough ( Using 2 types of meat is to maintain that the dough will be solid while cutting kubba).
after dough and the stuff of kubba make kubba balls from dough and fill it in the stuff
set kubba balls in water with sprinkle of salt and heat even to boil drain kubba balls and put it in dish
• Boil meat and bones on a strong heat.
• After a while, add chick peas which were soaked before 12 hours at least. When chick peas is about to be cooked, add cabbage leaves which were minced coarsely, and add also salt and required condiments.
• Melt kishk in lukewarm water and boil it in a small pot on heat, then pour kishk in the minced meat pot.
• Raise bones from the pot and continue cooking on a backburner after adding Kubba balls.
• Crash garlic and mince coriander, and then fry them together with ghee and add them to kishk Kubba.