- Skill Level: difficult
- Yield : 1 sheep
- Servings : 25
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1 sheep weighs about 10kg.
- • 2 kg of minced and a little fatty meat.
- • 4 coffee cups of rice.
- • 1 coffee cup of almond.
- • 1 coffee cup of pine.
- • 1 coffee cup of pistachio.
- • 1 coffee cup of raisins.
- • Ghee.
- • Salt
• Prepare the sheep before a day of cooking it by washing it well from the inside and the outside. In the next day, rub it well with salt, condiment and cinnamon and set it aside.
• Put ghee in a pot which is put on heat then fry meat and the nuts mentioned and raisins , then add rice, salt, condiment, cinnamon, saffron and water required to cook the rice.
• Raise the filling from heat before the rice become cooked well.
• Fill the abdomen of sheep with the filling then sew it and truss it up and tie its hands and legs, then paint it with ghee and insert it in a hot oven when it becomes roasted, sprinkle it with ghee from time to time.
• Once its color browns, move it to a deep pot and immerse it with hot water.
• Cover the pot and leave it in the oven the enough duration to make the sheep mature
• Raise it when becomes mature and leave it in a plate neat the heat to remain hot.
• Put a part of ghee used to fry the sheep in a pot on heat and flip flour with it then add to flour the soup that was used to boil the sheep.
• Cook in a moderate heat until the soup appears with an appropriate thickness , then pour it in a deep plate and serve it beside the filled sheep.
- kharouf mahshi (29)