kebab eggplant in the oven
- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : 1kilo
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1kg of small sized and long shaped eggplants.
- • 1/4 a kg of minced kebab but to be a little fatty.
- • A big onion.
- • A bunch of parsley.
- • 2 spoons of tomato paste.
- • Salt, Condiments (to taste).
- • A little of black pepper.
- • Oil for frying.
• Wash eggplants well, then cut the upper part only from all the green part, in a way that keeps the coarse part covering the head of the eggplant.
• Make internal holes longitudinally between the green part (funnel) and the lower part of the eggplant, which means don't complete cutting from below, in a way that parts remain opened from both sides.
• Sprinkle a little of salt on eggplants and leave them for a while to get rid of the bitterness if found.
• Put a little of oil in a pan and cut the onion into small pieces and fry them in oil, then add minced meat on them, and leave them for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
• Cut parsley finely, and leave uncut sticks with the same number of used eggplants.
• Add parsley to the meat and spice using condiments and salt and black pepper, and then leave the mix become cooked (Add raisin pieces in this process as desired) then raise the mix from heat and filter it from oil.
• Add another pan to fry eggplants ( one face only) , then put them on a blotter to cool and become filtered from oil.
• Put the stuff inside eggplants in a compact way, then tie each piece from the middle with the parsley stick, then row them in a pyrex tray.
• After finishing from rowing and compacting, reduce the concentration of tomato paste by using a medium sized cup of water , then add it to eggplants.
• Put the tray in oven for 15 minutes then serve it hot beside rice.