halaweh | rice halaweh
- Skill Level: easy
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1 cup of rice.
- • 5 cups of water.
- • 2 cups of sugar.
- • 600g of original akkawi cheese or country's white cheese.
- • 5 pieces of Arabic mastic.
- • 1/4 a cup of rose water.
• If the cheese was salty, cut it until thin slices and soak them with water.
• Change soaking water every 15 minutes until the mix becomes sweet, then filter cheese from water and set it aside
• Filter rice and wash it many times. Put water in a pressure cooker and then add rice to it and stir until the mix boils.
• Cover the pressure cooker and put the whistle of it, then reduce the heat below the cooker.
• Leave the pressure cooker on heat for 3/4 an hour.
• Make rice smooth using electrical blender or vegetables grinder until rice becomes so smooth.
• Put rice in the pressure cooker on backburner and then stir using a wooden spoon.
• Add sugar to rice and then stir the mix until it boils.
• Cover the pressure cooker and put an insulator between it and heat and put it on backburner for 1 hour, then cool it under cold water and then open the cover.
• Stir the mix with a wooden spoon well. The color of the mix will be transparent gray.
• Pound mastic with a tablespoon of sugar, then add it and rose water to the rice sweet and then stir the mix on a backburner.
• Add sweetened cheese gradually to the rice mix and stir continuously until the mix becomes homogeneous.
• Pour rice sweet in small plates and serve this meal hot.