Grit with Meat and Vegetables
- Skill Level: easy
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 2 cups of washed and filtered coarse grit.
- • 1 cup of minced cabbage.
- • 2 cups of minced tomatoes.
- • 1 cup of minced green and red pepper.
- • 1/2 a cup of minced onion.
- • 1/4 a kg of minced meat.
- • 1 teaspoon of salt.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of black pepper.
- • 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- • 1 teaspoon of pepper paste.
- • 4-5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- • 1 tablespoon of ghee or butter.
- • 4 cups of water.
• Heat oil and butter in a pot to fry onion a little until it wilts.
• Add minced meat, salt and condiments.
• Cook the mix until the meat color changes, then add the tomato and pepper paste, then add cabbage, tomatoes, pepper and grit.
• Pour water on the mix and stir it. Cover the pot and cook the ingredients of it until the grit absorbs all the water and become mushy and cooked.
• Serve the plate with pickles, salad and yoghurt.