- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 1kg of fine grit, filtered and well washed.
- • 1kg of lean meat , crashed for kubba.
- • 6 cups of vegetable oil for frying ( to immerse the loaves).
- • A big peeled onion.
- • 1 teaspoon of salt.
- • 1 cup of water with ice.
- • 1/2 a spoon of grinded cinnamon.
- • 1/2 a spoon of grinded condiment.
- • 500g of minced meat.
- • 2 tablespoons of ghee.
- • 5 medium sized onions, peeled and finely minced.
- • 1 cup of roasted pine.
- • 1/4 a teaspoon of salt.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of grinded black pepper.
- • A sprinkle of grinded condiment.
- • A sprinkle of grinded cinnamon.
Preparation: • Soak grit in water for 10 minutes and filter it in the strainer and then squeeze it with your hands to get rid ofwater, then set it aside.
• Mince the onion using the electrical mincing machine then add minced meat to it and mince then again in batches.
• Raise the mix of meat from the machine and set it aside.
• Add the mix of meat, salt, condiment, cinnamon to the grit and grind them in batches using the electrical mincing machine.
• Knead the mix of meat and grit with wetted with cold water hands to make the dough soft and solid , then put it in the fridge covered with a cloth for 30 minutes.
The stuff: • Put ghee in the pan and fry minced onion in it with a sprinkle of slat until it wilts, then add minced meat, slat and condiments and fry the mix until it becomes cooked, then raise it from heat and add pine to it, and then stir it well and lset the stuff aside.
• Take a ball of the meat dough with a size of an egg, wet your hands with cold water then smooth the surface of every ball with your hand palm. Make a hole in its middle with your index finger, shake your finger in the hole until the hole becomes empty and its surface organized.
• Fill the hole with the stuff then close it,. Wet your hands with cold water and make the loaf with a two tapered sides to close it well (if any cracks appeared on the surface of the loaf, close them with your wetted with water hands). Repeat this action with the remaining meat dough.
• Put the loaves on a big plate and heat the oil in a pan , then add the loaves one by another, fry them , and flip them every 2 minutes until they become brown form all the sides.
• Put kubba loaves in a plate and serve them hot beside yoghurt or beet salad with tahini or taratour sauce.
- fried kubba (3)