Chard with Oil
- Skill Level: easy
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 2 kg of chard.
- • 1 1/2 a cup of rice.
- • 3 red and medium sized onions.
- • 2 bunches of parsley.
- • 1 bunch of mint.
- • 1 kg of fresh tomato.
- • 1 cup of olive oil.
- • 1/2 a cup of boiled chick peas.
- • 2 sour lemons.
- • Salt
• Wash chard leaves and clean them from the veins and put them in hot water to wilt.
• Prepare the stuff and mix it with boiled chick peas after removing its peel by using fingertips.
• Peel tomatoes and mince them finely.
• Put some of them with the stuff and leave the remaining part in a cooking pot.
• Fill the chard leaves and row them in the pot over the tomatoes.
• Sprinkle the required salt and add tomato juice and some of hot water.
• Cook on a strong then a moderate heat.
• Before a short time to maturity of the stuff , add sour lemon juice and keep cooking on a backburner.