- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- The syrup: • 2 cups of sugar.
- • 1cup of water.
- • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- • 1 stick of cinnamon.
- • 2 carnation cloves, not minced.
- Basbosa • 3 cups of semolina.
- • 1 1/2 a cup of sugar.
- • 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- • 4 tablespoons of ghee or soft butter.
- • 1 1/2 a cup of yoghurt.
- • 1/2 a cup of coconut (optional).
- • 1 tablespoon of tahini.
- • 1/2 a cup of minced hazelnut (optional).
- • 1/2 a cup of minced almond (optional).
The syrup: • Put water and sugar in a plate on a medium heat until they start boiling.
• Add the rest of the ingredients ( you can add rose water or vanilla to the syrup to taste), and scrap froth from the surface once it appears.
• Leave it on heat for 10 minutes or until it becomes thick a little and then use it warm.
Basbosa: • Mix flour, sugar and baking powder well.
• Add melted ghee and rub it with your fingertips until it becomes merged with the rest of ingredients.
• Add yoghurt and flip it well until you get a soft dough.
• You can add grated coconut for the dough.
• Paint an oven tray with tahini.
• Spread the dough and make it equal.
• Bake it in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes.
• Sprinkle nuts on the surface with light pressure.
• Bring the tray back to the oven and bake it for 20 other minutes or until it becomes well cooked.
• Irrigate basbosa with the syrup while basbosa is hot, then bring it back to the oven for 5 minutes.
• Leave it to cool and then serve it beside cream.