- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 40 m
- Cook Time : 30 m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
- • 1 cup of butter.
- • 1/2 a cup of sugar.
- • 1 egg.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla.
- • 3 cups of flour.
- • 1/4 a teaspoon of salt.
- • 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- • 1/2 a cup of milk.
- • 4 tablespoons of crashed pistachio.
- • 1 egg white.
• Shake butter well then add sugar and mix the contents until they become fragile like a cream.
• Add egg and vanilla with continuing shaking until the mix becomes merged well.
• Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
• Add flour mix gradually to the butter mix.
• Add milk to the mix and shake the contents well until you get a solid dough.
• Spread the dough on a sprinkled with a little of flour surface and then cut it with the cutter into small circles.
• Divide the crashed pistachio (about 1/4 a teaspoon) on tin at separate distances.
• Put circles on the crashed pistachio and press them a little until the pistachio sticks with them from the bottom.
• Shake the egg whites and paint barazek with it from the top and then sprinkle them with sesame
• Bake barazek in a 180 degrees Celsius oven for 15 minutes.
• It is recommended to put tin in the middle rack to avoid burning of barazek from the bottom.
• You must use a non salted pistachio and non toasted sesame.