- Yield : 1 dish
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 20 m
- Cook Time : 15 m
- Ready In : 35 m
- • 3 medium eggplants
- • 1 medium onion
- • 2 big teaspoons of lemon juice
- • ½ a cup of Tahaineh
- • ½ acup of warm water
- • 4 big teaspoons of yoghurt
- • 4 big teaspoons of olive oil
- For decoration: • Pomegranate • Lemon slices • Minced parsley
• This salad is called “Mutabbal” in Levant and “Baba Ghannouge” in Egypt and its basic content is eggplant.
• Heat the oven on 180 degrees.
• Wash the eggplants ,dry it and make holes in them in separate places by a side of a sharp knife.
• Paint eggplants and onion with a little of oil and compact them on saj , then put it in the oven for 30 minutes or until it becomes cooked.
• Put the eggplants when they are hot in plastic bags and wrap it tightly, then leave it for a few minutes and after that cut the green part of it with a knife to get rid of the external crust easily and with removing the maximum number of seeds.
• Mash the eggplants with a fork with adding lemon juice to keep the color of the eggplants. Then, leave it away for a while and cut the grilled onion into small pieces.
• Shake Tahaineh with warm water in a deep dish and add the yoghurt and 3 spoons of olive oil then spice using salt and pepper.
• Add eggplants and onion pieces to Tahaineh mix with shaking and mixing until the components become well mixed.
• When served, decorate using olive oil, pomegranate, lemon slices and parsley.
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1823 6PWsrc06TiTxXjcz-6Og135H8F1lX4cxwyfVzsrQYJgdXGvrpkUS9JtwupWD7ORS 147d6e543fccecb87d6e4017b654f9254aa23d23&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme (1)