- Skill Level: medium
- Yield : big dish
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- • 4 cups of normal flour.
- • 3 cups of water.
- • 3 teaspoons of yeast pieces melted in 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- • A sprinkle of salt.
- • 5 cups of vegetable oil to fry the buoys.
- The syrup: • 5 cups of sugar.
- • 2 cups of water.
- • 3 tablespoons of blossom water.
- • 1/2 a teaspoon of sour lemon juice.
• Prepare the syrup:• Melt sugar in water, then add lemon juice and stir and leave it to boil for 3 minutes, then add blossom water and raise it from the heat.
• Melt yeast in warm water and set it aside for 10 minutes.
• Sift flour and salt, then add water and yeast mix to the flour and then knead the mix well.
• Hit the dough with your hands until the dough becomes solid and mellow.
• Leave the dough in a plate covered with a cloth, and leave it for 4 hours if the weather is warm, or leave the dough during the night if the weather was cold until its size becomes doubled.
• Hit the dough with your hands until the bubbles disappear and it must be mellow and not solid.
• Put oil in a deep pot (20 cm diameter) on a medium heat.
• When oil becomes well heated, put an amount of the dough in your fist, then press the dough with your fingers until the dough comes out from the thumb and index fingers.
• Cut the appearing between thumb and index fingers dough with a teaspoon into small balls, and put them in the hot oil carefully until the oil surface fills up with dough balls.
• Stir the balls continuously until they become roasted a little from all the sides and so until the dough ends.
• Re-roast the buoys in the hot oil again until they become golden colored
• Raise the buoys with a multi-cracks spoon and immerse them in the cold syrup and leave them in it to absorb the syrup, then raise them from the syrup.
• Serve them cold or hot as desired.• If the dough is unfermented while putting it in the oil, it will pop and spread the hot oil around it.
- awameh recipe (74)
- awameh (50)
- awameh sweet (31)
- how to make awameh (29)
- how to make syrian awameh ball stuffed with pistachio (2)