- Skill Level: medium
- Prep Time : 0 m
- Cook Time : 0 m
- Ready In : 0 m
- The dough : 1kg of grit.
- • 1 kg of lean meal.
- • 2 small and chopped into quarters onions.
- The stuff: • 1/2 a kg of finely minced meat.
- • 1/2 a kg of coarsely minced meat.
- • Pistachio (A big quantity to taste).
- • Salt
- • Various condiments.
- • Cinnamon to taste.
- • Ghee (and it is preferred to use a mix of normal ghee and country's ghee.
Preparation of the dough: • Soak grit with cold water for 15 minutes, then filter it using a strainer, and then compact it with your hands to get rid of excess water , then set it aside.
• Mince the chopped onion and grit using the meat mincing machine in batches and repeat mincing 3 times, then raise the mix and set it aside.
• Mix meat (lean) with condiments and grit , and then knead kubba with your hands with repeating wetting them with cold water to make the dough mellow and solid.
Preparation of the stuff: • Fry coarse meat and spice it with condiments and then let it until it cools.
• Mix row and fried meat and pistachio until you get a homogeneous dough ( Using 2 types of meat is to maintain that the dough will be solid while cutting kubba).
The preparation of the meal: • Paint an oven tray with ghee.
• Allocate a part of kubba dough on a wetted with water nylon paper like a medium sized oblong, and then put a part of the stuff in the middle, then wrap nylon from one of its parts so kebbeh becomes wrapped with it.
• After wrapping the dough on the stuff using nylon paper, smooth the surface using wetted with water hand and then block the parts with the kebbeh dough and move it carefully to the painted with ghee tray.
• By this way, you can get the first cylinder that you can put in the tray.
• Repeat this action and row the second and third cylinder, but leave a space between the cylinders to avoid the adhesion of each cylinder with the other, and etc… until the amount ends
• With the not sharp side of the knife, draw diagonal lines on the surface of twirled kubba to determine the size of the pieces in a way that the knife can be dibbled gently.
• Melt ghee on a backburner then paint the surface of kubba with it, then put kubba in the oven. Irrigate kubba with ghee from time to time to avoid the dryness of its surface. Leave it until it becomes well cooked.
• After kebbeh cools a little, cut it in the same place of determination. If kebbeh is cut while it is hot, it will be disintegrated
• Row kubba pieces in the serving plate, and decorate them to taste. Serve this meal with salad, fattoush or yogurt.